Dayton VA Protestant Chapel No. 2
The Story: Dayton, Ohio served as host for our Nation’s veterans since 1867 when Congress created three National Homes for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers. Due to the constant breezes and fresh air, the home was built on the western rise of the Miami Valley. On the very highest point of land, Congress authorized the construction of the Dayton VA Protestant Chapel. According to the National Register of Historic Places, this chapel was the first permanent church ever built by the US Government. The exterior was constructed of limestone using a Gothic Revival style of architecture. Its 2,539-pound bell, the “Centennial Bell”, was cast from a cannon captured from Confederate forces in the Civil War. On this pretty day, its steeple reaches into the blue skies as cumulus clouds float by.
Sublocation: Dayton National Cemetery
City, State: Dayton, Ohio
$75.00 – $440.00
12" x 18", 20" x 30", 30" x 45"
Framed Giclee Canvas, Metal, Photo Paper
There are no reviews yet.