Along the shores of Lake Erie, lies Lorain Ohio which defines Ohio’s northern coast. The city lies where the Black River meets the great lake. When the city was first created it was called Black River Village.
The Lorain West Breakwater Light was built in 1917 by the US Army Corps of Engineers to guide Lake Erie traffic. Today, the lighthouse resides on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, locals refer to it as the “Jewel of the Port.”
Showing the single result